Top Ten List for Success in the Designer and Client Relationship
1. Everything needs to be documented in the contracts for the
2. Must have mutual respect and trust.
3. Questions always need to be verbalized and nothing assumed.
4. All subcontractors must meet client before project starts.
5. All materials need to be approved by client either in person or by
6. Set boundaries of when and how late phone calls are exceptable for
client and designer.
7. Change orders need to be done immediately when change is needed
and with designer and client signatures.
8. Everyone's time is valuable. Appreciation on the jobsite towards
project team goes a long way.
9. Organized team equals happy client.
10. Positive attitude and exceptional team work builds great relationships and repeat clients.